We are excited to announce our inaugural composer competition. Below you will find the rules and regulations, requirements, and application form.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The 2018/2019 competition is open to all undergraduate and graduate students attending a post-secondary institution in Southern Alberta as well as all recent graduates of a post-secondary program (must have graduated in the past five years and reside in Southern Alberta).
2. Each composer may submit only one application/concept.
3. Works must use a combination of at least four instruments chosen from the following (Flute. Saxophone, Clarinet, Horn, Percussion, Guitar or Electric Guitar). For Clarinet and Saxophone the will be a single player with access to all of their respected instruments (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bari, and. E flat, B Flat/A, Bass Clarinet).
4. Works may include electronics, both live or pre-recorded.
5. The duration of the work should be between 8 - 12 minutes in length.
6. The submitted concept and resulting work must be an original work, not an existing piece.
7. Applicants must submit the following: resume, letter of concept and intention (to include instrumentation and duration), and a letter of recommendation from a composition professor or established composer.
August 19th, 2018.
Results will be announced the week of August 27th, 2018.
Winners will receive the following:
1. Up to two composers will be chosen.
2. Those composers will get their pieces workshopped twice by Timepoint Ensemble. In addition to workshops composers will have access to follow ups and collaboration (email, discussion, etc) with Timepoint members.
3. Those composers will have their works performed on Timepoint's February concert.
4. The works will be recorded (live and workshops).
You can submit your application using the google form below